Dementia Services Australia is committed to ensuring that this website is accessible to everyone.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the accessibility of this site, please contact us, as we are continually striving to improve the experience for all visitors.
The Dementia Services Australia website has been built to conform to W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) guidelines for accessibility. In addition, extra accessibility features of this website are listed below.
Change Font Size
We have incorporated a font size toggle on the banner. It is indicated by the symbol . If you are running a standards-compliant browser, you can also switch your font sizing settings using the browser interface - generally FONTS or STYLES under the VIEW menu.
Modern standards-compliant browsers allow you to easily increase the font sizing from the view menu, the keyboard or even the mouse by simply selecting the command to increase or decrease font size.
Visually impaired visitors can use screen reader technology to improve their experience in this website. For example, visitors can navigate using headings alone. Visitors using recent versions of screen readers can navigate using the following keystrokes:
- H to cycle forwards through the headings
- Shift + H to cycle backwards through the headings
- 1 to navigate to the next level 1 heading (or a number between 1 and 6 to navigate to the next heading on this level)
- Shift + 1 to navigate to the previous level 1 heading (or a number between 1 and 6 to navigate to the previous heading on this level)
- INSERT + F6 to provide a list of all headings
Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) http://www.w3c.org/WAI/
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) Overview https://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/wcag