The free Dementia Support Australia (DSA) App offers an interactive, on-demand tool for DSA services, to support aged care providers and carers of people living with dementia. It provides evidence-based resources and advice, offering useful tips and strategies to people experiencing behaviours and psychological symptoms of dementia.
Access DSA referral pathways to accredited clinical expertise 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at the touch of a button.
Access support and services
- Dementia Behaviour Management Advisory Service (DBMAS) – to support residential aged care staff and families to care for people with dementia, experiencing changes in behaviour that impact their quality of life.
- Severe Behaviour Response Teams (SBRT) – to support carers of aged care residents who are experiencing severe behaviours and psychological symptoms of dementia.
- Needs Based Assessment (NBA) – assessing eligibility to the Specialist Dementia Care Program, to provide individualised care for people with very severe behaviours and psychological symptoms of dementia.
Seek tips on common challenges
- Understanding the person
- Personal care
- Impact of environments
- Nighttime care
- Sexual expression
- Calling out
- Wanting to leave
Make a referral to DSA
Download resources from our library
- Resources – helpsheets and guides, client stories, free online books and assessment tools.
- Webinars – access to all past webinars and ability to register for upcoming ones.
- Books – practical advice from experts and case studies on dementia care, music, design and the environment
The free DSA app is now available to download from The App Store here
The Android version is available to download from Google Play here