This field guide provides clinicians with an overview of good practice in managing behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia.
It is separated into 12 modules, each of which include specific information relevant to the following aspects of the BPSD:
- A description of the behaviour or psychological symptom and how it presents in dementia
- Potential causes of the BPSD
- Differential diagnosis
- Measuring the BPSD
- Prevalence of the BPSD
- Effects of the BPSD on the person with dementia and others living with them or involved in providing care
- Management strategies for the BPSD, including psychosocial, environmental and biological interventions
- Conclusions, recommendations and limitations of the evidence presented
The modules also include a brief clinical scenario that encompasses BPSD presentation, assessment, strategies and outcomes.