This helpsheet provides simple steps to build resilience and the resilience of people in care.
The five steps outlined in the document examine:
- “No-one knows everything about this situation, so what are the things I know for sure? What can I do, based on that?” (MEANING MAKING)
- “What kind of approach or attitude do I want to have about this situation? Given that, what choices do I want to make?” (SENSE OF MASTERY AND CONTROL)
- “Who are the helpers in this situation? And who can I help?” (CONNECTEDNESS)
- “What feels familiar to me in this, given my knowledge, skills and past experiences? And what does that tell me I could do now?” (MY RESOURCES)
- “What can I learn from this? What will I do differently as a result?” (MY ACTIONS)