DBMAS is a support service for people with dementia who are experiencing changes in behaviour that impact their care or the carer.
The service supports staff and carers in community, residential aged care, acute and primary care settings with expertise, advice and short-term case management interventions.
Support is provided through:
- 24/7 contact with a Dementia Consultant on 1800 699 799 for advice or to make a referral.
- Phone or in person assessment and support of the person living with dementia and their environment
- Communication with the carer/support network to gain knowledge of them as a person.
- Advice, strategies and written recommendations tailored specifically to the individual, including those from diverse communities and life experiences.
- On-going support and guidance to implement the recommendations and adaptations to those recommendations.
- Increased staff knowledge through modelling of the strategies and recommendations.
- Access to current research and guidelines
- Referrals to other DSA services