The SBRT are a 24/7 mobile service for people with dementia who are experiencing severe behaviours or psychological symptoms of dementia.
The service offers expertise and advice to Commonwealth funded approved residential care homes, multi-purpose services, or flexibly funded services needing assistance.
SBRTs mobile workforce are trained dementia care specialists and include , nurses, allied health, and specialist health professionals.
Support is provided through:
- 24/7 contact with a Dementia Consultant on 1800 699 799 to access SBRT service.
- Timely, in person assessments of the person living with dementia and their environment to asses the causes of the behaviours
- Communication with the carer/support network to gain knowledge of them as a person.
- Advice, strategies and written recommendations tailored specifically to the individual, including those from diverse communities and life experiences.
- Development of a care plan to address their needs.
- On-going support and guidance to implement the recommendations and adaptations to those recommendations.
- Increased staff knowledge through modelling of the strategies and recommendations.
- Access to current research and guidelines
- Referrals to other DSA services