When behaviour impacts on dementia care it can be challenging
Dementia Support Australia (DSA) provides free advice and recommendations where behaviours are impacting the care of a person living with dementia. This advice is tailored to each individual and the environment where they are receiving care.
How DSA can help
We work in partnership with aged care workers to understand the causes of changes in behaviour. A range of Assessment tools are available for download to help gather information on the person living with dementia.
Download Assessment Tools here
There are three programs of service available:
- Dementia Behaviour Management Advisory Service
- Severe Behaviour Response Teams
- Needs Based Assessment Program
Who is eligible?
The person requiring support needs to have:
- A diagnosis of dementia or suspected of having dementia
- Experiencing behaviours that are impacting their care
- Consent from the person with dementia or their nominated carer
Where we go
No matter where you live in Australia, you can call us 24/7. Our consultants can reach even the most rural and remote areas for face to face visits within a week, with faster response for people who are experiencing more severe changes in behaviour.
We’re here to help you approach Change Confidently
DSA can be contacted 24/7, 365 days a year.
Phone: 1800 699 799